Monday, April 5, 2010

Ovenable Cooling Recipes...

Summer is here and so are the mangoes!!! Nopes, I am not giving Mango recipes in this section, its yet to come ... Mango Special ... This time you are gonna read some ovenable cooling fun recipes!!!
well... I've been wanting to come on here, my blog-space... for a while for some blogging and stuff... you know ... as - chatting is one of my weaknesses and pleasures, for all that my husband says it makes him miss crucial parts of plot every time we watch television!!! hehe ;) :) - but the point here is that I express myself through my writings...
But every time I am about to write something here to add to a topic on the forum, someone phones, emails or stands over me (those elves(my students) can be evil! just kidding!!!)
The book I had told you all about... I am having a lovely time writing it.
The thing about writing is that I feel great while I'm doing it, but panic-struck when thinking about it. With tight schedules for the day... I should have learnt my lesson and should now proceed accordingly, but it doesn't seem to work like that.
Besides, I've had other things on my plate, so to speak: I have been working on my multilingual dictionary, or my teaching and translation assignments!!!
But........
As soon as I know when it will be completed, of course I will tell you all before anyone else. But right now, I'm arming myself with a bar of chocolate and heading straight for my study to get back to
my cook-book......
till then, you guys enjoy some ovenable recipes ..............
Khateraho!!!
Amrutha


btw... I forgot to share with you all the news... I have got myself a new Morphy Richards Oven!!! which means, more baking!!! more ovening!!! err... I mean more enjoying!!!

Ovenable Cooling Recipes :


Cooling Cookies!!!

Surprised!!! Read the recipe to get the funda!!!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening powder (it is used to preserve any item for longer duration)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon water
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon Unsweetened lemonade mix


Method:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Meanwhile, cream together sugars, shortening powder, egg, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.
Once its nicely done, add the flour and baking powder. Add 1 tablespoon of water and continue mixing until dough forms a ball. But dont be harsh on the dough at this stage.
Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly (dont press hard) onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cookies are light brown.

As the cookies bake, combine 1 cup powdered sugar with the lemonade drink mix in a large plastic bag and shake thoroughly to mix. When the cookies are removed from the oven and while they are hot, add 4 or 5 at a time to the bag and shake it until the cookies are well coated. Repeat with the remaining cookies.

And voila!!! the Cooling Cookies are ready for your hot summer cup of tea!!!



Lemonade & Mango Cheese Cake

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups lemonade (any lemon drink-7up,limca,sprite)
1 1/2 packet gelatin
1 cup sugar
2 packets of cream cheese
1 grated lemon peel (lemon zest)
2 cups whipped cream
1 cup mangoes chopped
1 1/4 cup crumbs of digestive biscuits/cream crackers/marie biscuits
3 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp water(as required)

Method:
In a saucepan, take the lemonade and over medium flame, reduce it to 1 cup. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 345 degrees. Make the crust by combining the biscuit crumbs, melted butter and little water, mix it all till the mixture become sticky...
Now in the greased cake tin place this mixture and press it down to the bottom, and form a nice flat crust. Now,bake it for 10mins and let it cool completely.
Add the boiling lemonade mixture to gelatin and sugar and mix until sugar and gelatin is dissolved.
Cool this mixture a bit, but dont let the gelatin set.
Beat the cream cheese and lemon zest until smooth, then add the gelatin mixture slowly into it. Fold in the whipped cream and mix gently... Now pour this mixture on the crust and set it in the fridge!!!
Decorate it with chopped mangoes and be ready to dive in the treat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.