Friday, October 23, 2009

MUSHROOM RECIPES

My Friend writes to me,

Dear Amrutha,
My husband loves Mushrooms, but doesnot enjoy the mushrooms cooked at home, prefers the restaurant.
I have always wanted my curry to taste like the one in restaurants. But I have never got that. Suggest a recipe.
-Pallavi

Pallavi here's a recipe for you...
Any MUSHROOM is undoubtedly the tastiest veggie dish!!!
I make this mushroom dish quiet often and everyone at my place enjoys it, infact love it!!!
Its not just my husband's fav, but my in-laws also enjoy eating it...
I am giving here 2 mushroom recipes, which are tried and tested and successful!!!
So enjoy!!!

MUSHROOM MASALA CHINESE STYLE

Ingredients:
1 big bowl of mushrooms washed and diced
6-7 cloves of garlic
2 red chillies
1 small onion cut into 4pieces
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 smal bowl of water
2 tablespoons kasuri methi
salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil

Method:
Grind the red chillies with garlic and onion and make a fine paste.
In a kadhai (or wok), heat the oil and put the kasuri methi, and then add the paste to it.
Saute a bit.
Add the mushrooms and let the mushrooms cook and let it become dry.
Meanwhile, mix the cornflour in water and make sure there are no lumps formed.
Now stiring constantly add this cornflour paste to the mushrooms, and keep stirring it.
Now add salt to taste.
Its ready to serve!!!

  • For the chinese touch: donot use kasuri methi, add soya sauce or if you enjoy spicy food then schezwan sauce to it.
  • You can add baby corn, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, brocolli, cabbage for a different touch.
  • You may also deep fry cauliflower by dipping in cornflour paste and add this fried cauliflower to this gravy.

MUSHROOM WITH DILL

Ingredients:
1 bowl mushrooms washed and diced
1 bowl dill (shepu) washed and finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
salt to taste

Method:
In a pan, melt some butter, add the mushrooms and finely chopped dill.
Let it cook for 10 mins, add salt and its ready!
Its the easiest recipe and very healthy and believe me extremely tasty!!!

Do try it and let me know

Khate raho
Amrutha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.