• 2 cups Maida
• ¼ cup castor sugar
• 2 tbsp butter (softened)
• ¼ cup water
• 2 tbsp sesame seeds
• 1 egg whisked
• 2 tbsp baking powder
• For coating: sesame seeds and 1 egg whisked
• Oil for frying (peanut oil)
• Mix butter and sugar, then add whisked egg to it.
• Mix baking powder with the maida and then fold it in the butter mixture and add sesame seeds.
• Add little water to form a dough.
• Roll out the dough into a cylinder and cut into small pieces and make small balls out of it.
• Now roll these balls in whisked egg and sesame seeds.
• Deep fry till golden brown.
Serve hot with JAM or cool and store in an air-tight container, and serve with your DIWALI PHARAL or just as a snack with Tea.